Posts Tagged ‘mobile’
Greetings to the readers of postagevfx.com. Not having posted in the last couple of weeks. We should probably tell you about some of the amazing things happening at Postage, Inc.
1) Farewell Elyse. We will miss her dearly. Elyse was our PR intern from Millersville. Elyse took care of some blog posts, press releases, advertisement and general tasks related to keeping the office moving. We wave goodbye to her as she finishes her degree and hope to see her again soon. We know she will do well!
2) Top Secret Projects. What else is new? We’ve been working on some really great stuff that is fortunately and unfortunately under wraps. We look forward to sharing it with you.
3) Our own IP. We are so thankful that we have the fortune to stay busy in this day and age. We’re working on four in house projects that are just so fun and amazing.
- Stabb Gunner Book 2 – Produced by theFictory, our indie comic label / sister studio. Stabb Gunner will be a graphic novel devised and colored by Joseph Krzemienski and Illustrated/Inked by Courtland Ellis. We recently showcased our spinoff pinball game Pinball Shuffle at Boston Comiccon and will be at Otacon in Baltimore in July.
- Atomic Robo Last Stop & Accoutrements – We are scheduled to start production immediately following the move to the new Postage World HQ. (see moving day below) We already have our staff ready to go including our Australian-American animator/illustrator Giles freshly flown in. In addition to the much anticipated film, we are also producing apparel and goodies from our wildly successful Kickstarter Campaign. This includes an Android/iOS hybrid side scrolling game which is actually IN PRODUCTION!
- We Are Cajun Documentary – I had a fantastic trip down to Louisiana for the first group of interviewees for a new Documentary about Cajun culture and how Cajun’s identify themselves today. Soon, we will release a teaser featuring shots from this first trip and we will run our necessary fundraising campaigns. Depending on how those go, we are considering producing a six part series with each part being an independent experience. More soon!
- Project X – We still don’t want to say too much but we’ve got artist Jeff McComsey in on retainer working on boards for a project he is personally invested in. It’s an animated comedy series aimed at an Adult Swim type audience. We think you are going to be as excited as we are when a pilot starts peeking into the internet.
4) Nova Golf . Just released, this is a great looking & playing golf game. v1.0 is available for the MacOS and iOS and is a collaboration with Nuclear Nova software.
5) Moving Day. The day is quickly approaching! Read the rest of this entry »
Joseph called it level up. Housecleaning may be another way to put it. Either way, The Fictory got a facelift over the weekend. You can easily see our IPs including comics and games right on the right-hand side! You can also go straight to the new nxtbook enabled Stabb Gunner comic. We encourage you to check it out as we anticipate the acceptance of Pinball Shuffle to the App Store!
We often get questions like this: Where do the fictory and Postage, Inc. fit together?
The basic answer is this, thefictory has always been the property and passion of Postage Principal, Joseph Krzemienski. As we worked more and more together, Postage sort of became thefictory’s father, offering a place and support in financial and other encouraging ways. As we move into the future, thefictory is starting to become an imprint for properties we are working on in-house rather than our client’s properties in which we still really enjoy participating.
Today, we are proud to announce the first official Application to come from Postage Studio. You may recall our 24 hour FUBAR Gaming Marathon in which we joined forces with AppMobi and got our proverbial feet wet. Since then we’ve been VERY busy designing characters, painting UV maps and interfacing with programmers from Lancaster and in other areas of the United States to create our flagship game, Pinball Massacre. Pinball Massacre is a first that any game-studio could take pride in. It’s been a source of friendly compeition in our office and among beta testers. We’ve had almost as much fun playing the game as we have creating it!
Barack Obama: Government in Action is something we’ve been working hard on for quite a while. We designed the play interface almost a year ago and remapped the characters, backgrounds, and objects while the programmers put the finishing touches on the gameplay. We’re generating a bit more code and working on some bug-tests and beta testing. Barack Obama: Government in Action is a toungue-in-cheek, catch-phrase-rich and pun-filled game that’s great for either side of the enormous political fence. We’re happy to be working on Government in Action with fellow Lancastrian tech-powerhouse, AppMobi!
This soon to come side-scroller will be released for multi-mobile platforms (Android/iOS) and available this fall! Just in time for the presidential campaign to kick-in.
- What’s next for Postage Studio Games?
Well we haven’t stopped here… we’re already talking about the next several games and believe strongly that this will be a huge part of the future of Postage, Inc. As always, can’t wait to share it with you!
- Where does this leave Postage Inc.’s award-winning CGI, Post-Production and Visual Effects?
We’re excited about using our CGI and VFX talents for something so future proof and so fun. That’s the plan, that doesn’t mean that we are out of the business of making fantastic commercials or animating non-stop. We’d like to think of this as the future of advertising as well as the future of gaming. It is an extension of our commitment to making entertaining media. Perhaps we could make a game for your company that would make your customer happy to explore your brand in a fun way. Think about it!
- What’s the best/fastest way to find out when new Postage Studio games are released?
Subscribe to @postagevfx on Twitter or “Like” us on Facebook. You can follow the #postagestudiogames feed for more specified information. Thanks for keeping track of our work! As just one more option, here is the RSS feed to our blog.
- How do I get Pinball Massacre?
I am so glad you asked! Just go to the Mac App Store, choose your device and purchase. There’s even a shareware version for you to give it a whirl!
Tags: 8, 8-bit, 8bit, App Store, Apple, Application, AppMobi, Barack Obama, bit, Comic, Comic-con, democrat, Elephant, Game, Games, Graphic Novel, Gunner, iOS, Man, mobile, N.E.S., NES, Nintendo, Nuclear Nova, Pinball, Pinball Massacre, President Obama, republican, Stabb, USA, Video Game, Well Dressed
Posted in Games, News
- 47 cans of Mountain Dew. (Why YES, we are looking for studio sponsors, Pepsi!).
- 4 pots of Prince Street Coffee.
- 117 pages of original tiled assets with approximately 9 tiles per page.
- 98 frames of character animation.
- 22 pages of drawn motion comic content.
- 190 individual computer files (saved to a common dropbox)
- 10 tired artists and or programmers.
Coming soon: “FUBAR: Kilroy was here.” at your Android/iPhone App Stores.